Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Baby Update Numero Uno

So I had my first doctors appointment yesterday... wasn't exactly looking forward to the scale, the pap smear the blood taken and the urine samples. Geez isn't having a baby so glamorous? haha. Fortunately I have not gained any weight yet which is beyond me because I have to eat at least every hour and a half to two hours to not be sick. And I had to pee in a cup twice... in a half hour! They are lucky I can produce! I'm like seriously can't I just go upstairs and borrow some? haha.

My OB wheeled in the ultrasound machine and we got to see the baby briefly but the beans still too small to see clearly, next appt will be perfect to hear the heartbeat and see the little one. I did learn that I have a tilted uterus though. No wonder I have to pee so bad all the time. I seriously have to get up 3 times at night to go. I thought it was way to early for that but that explains the slight pain and pressure when I've gotta go because I've got something leaning on my bladder! It is supposed to straighten out by the 2nd trimester by itself.

I had looked on the computer before my appt to see when i'd be due and it had said Oct.2. But my OB says it looks like Sept 26th now! Almost a whole week earlier! It's going by super slow right now I think because I've been sick but I am sure this spring and summer will just fly by.

3 comments:

  1. Having a baby really is so glamorous. You are too funny. It is true though. Glad you survived the first appointment. Happy day they moved up the date a week. That is always fun. I am excited for you. Wish you weren't sick though. That is NOT fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you. They said I had a tilted uterus too, it hasn't corrected itself yet, but they think it is getting better. I feel ya on having to pee ALL of the time. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you guys! YAY! Is Melia super excited? Are you feeling any better?

    ReplyDelete