Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

So many trees! Which one will be ours??



First smell of fresh pine!



Melia made a new friend while we were out



This is probably as close as Melia will get to taking a picture with Santa this year



Yay for Bryce! Way to put up those lights...but fyi next year plug the lights in BEFORE you put them up to see if they work



Our home...I didn't get the garage because those lights were dead...



Our pretty christmas tree


It is really hard for me to get into the Christmas spirit sometimes, especially this year. It's always..."it doesn't feel like Christmas this year" and unfortunately its something I here myself saying this year after year. I find myself running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to get a million and one things done in the small alloted time I am given. Ahem that's talking to you Costco... you just need to be open when I need you to be!!
But I do love the feeling of Christmas when it does come my way and I need to make sure I ready myself to accept it and not be such a scrooge and get caught up in the hustle and bustle that this holiday brings. But I can do it!!!

Anyways we did have a lot of fun at the Christmas tree farm. We got home and put up the tree and decorated, and Bryce even put up the lights again this year. I hope he realizes that this is something he cannot get out of doing for the rest of his life!! I made some homeade hot chocolate... which is THE best, and we listened to Christmas music and watched a movie together. We are a little late getting this done this year because you better believe me when I say our lives have been crazy! I think I need to step back and take a breather and just enjoy what this holiday has in store for us.

4 comments:

  1. Thats a bummer about the Christmas spirit thing, but it's okay, I have enough to spare!! :) Pretty decorations!! I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're puppy is sooo cute. Makes me want to get another one. Your house looks great. I love this time of year. I wish it could last longer. The pic. of Melia with Santa in back of her is so cute. I love her cute smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for Christmas! That looked like a lot of fun at the tree farm and your tree turned out BEAUTIFUL!! Hopefully we will get to see each other soon. Are you coming to Girls Night?

    ReplyDelete