Saturday, September 20, 2008

Welcome home Nate!














Ashlee and me

Melia and Uncle Austin
















































Woohoo! Nate is in the house! lol Yep so last night we got surprised by Nate catching an earlier flight. It gave everyone just enough time to race down to Ontario to be there when his plane arrived.

A little bit older and wiser and definitely skinnier! So the pictures tell most of the story, but here is the narration. A big crowd of spectators clapped and hollered with us when he came down the escalator. My sister raced to him and they could not stop hugging and kissing - normally anyone would offer the phrase of "ewww go get a room!" but for the circumstances it was very sweet.
And just when you thought things were fantastic enough, Nate says "Since I didn't do this the right way the first time..." he then bowed on one knee and asked my sister to marry him! Oh man it was so cute. He put a big ol' rock on her finger and the spectators went crazy! It was so fun! So of course she said yes - and this post will continue on Monday when they are going to be married.

3 comments:

  1. Awww, so cute! Tell her congrats and say hi to the family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is so cool, I got chills just reading it. It sounds like you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...this post made me cry....I am so proud of your siste's fiance and so glad he made it home safe....I can imagine how they both feel. Congratulations on the engagement and wedding!!! :) we'll see each other soon, I hope...do you have my home phone number?

    ReplyDelete